Say it with us: it WILL snow soon. It WILL snow soon! But until it does, we’re summoning the frozen water flurries the only way we know how: with a massive sale! Seriously, everything winter-y is 50% off the (already low) original SB price. That’s everything from technical shells and down coats to cute boots and comfy sweaters. This sale will continue until some truly worthy snowflakes fall or the gear’s all gone (whichever comes first – we’re crossing our fingers for the snowflakes).
Now for the boring bits: this discount cannot be combined with other discounts. Some exclusions do apply. If you’re not sure whether something is included, just ask a staffer!
We always have great Basement prices on great Sports-y gear (hence the name). But every once in a while our prices drop so unfathomably low that “Basement” just isn’t quite descriptive enough. Take these marked down Arc’teryx and The North Face deals: these are (dare we say it?) sub-Basement level deals! Think 30%, even 40% off of some of the best snow gear gracing our stores. So get in here and snatch ‘em up before they’re all gone!
Now, it should be stated that not all colors or sizes or styles will be available at every store. But that’s ok! If you find the jacket of your dreams but can’t find the size you need, we can ship it straight to you from the store that has it. Just ask a staffer at any of our stores for help, and they’ll make it happen.
We’re resolving to make 2015 a gazillion times better than 2014. Let us help you get a jump start on your New Year’s resolution and give the gift of a more exciting year to your loved ones while you’re at it.
1. “I will get infinite miles to the gallon.” New Giro commuter wear actually looks street savvy, and the gift of a bike fender or a bike light encourages the budding bike commuter in your life (that could totally be you!) to tackle every kind of weather.
2. “I will swing for the fences.” Great deals on Rawlings gloves, bats of all shapes and sizes and tons of other baseball gear will make the 2015 season that much more thrilling.
3. “I will Go be a Pro.” Pair a GoPro Hero4 with that board she’s been eyeing and let her know that her New Year’s Resolution is to hit the slopes harder than ever.
4. “I will earn my six pack.” Take your TRX workout back home (or on the road, or wherever your workout takes you) with the TRX Home Kit, so you’ll never have a reason not to work out.
5. “I will put a bird on it.” ‘Cause who doesn’t love Portlandia? Embrace your inner Fred Armisen with a flannel-tastic Pendleton blanket and matching National Park themed travel mug, and tour the Cascades in style.
6. “I will give a darn.” ‘Tis the season to give back! Keep that trend going throughout 2015, and start by buying gifts that give a little more, like TOMS shoes. TOMS donates a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair you buy.
7. “I will lighten up.” Maybe literally, maybe not. Either way, lighten up your life with these gorgeous new solid state LED candle lanterns.
8. “I will rep the Bay Area.” You can eat like a locavore and still open packages with San Francisco’s TCHO chocolate, or Berkeley’s The Cookie Department.
9. “I will have a 5 star experience.” Resolve to give people experiences instead of stuff in 2015: give the gift of an SBO adventure. Our in-store gift boxes are super cool, but you can also get an online gift certificate for any trip as well.
10. “I will get my life together.” Whatever that means to you! To us, it means getting organized with these awesome new uKonserve glass food containers.
Today Ibis announced the upcoming release of the 2015 Mojo HD and along with the rest of the MTB universe, we’re pretty excited about it. Four of our staffers were able to demo the bike and they were so impressed they ran out of superlatives. Bike buyer Philip’s exact words were, “It blew our minds! Chunks of brains are still on the trail.”
Some other impressions from Rex (SB Walnut Creek), Erik, Nick (both SB Presidio) and Philip:
“To say the new HD3 inspires confidence is an understatement.”
“The bike felt buttery smooth as I hucked myself off drop after drop.”
“In a market that is inundated with enduro-style bikes of similar angles and travel, the HD3 shines through as the best of the bunch.”
“The HD just feels right in every aspect of riding.”
“When a bike does everything right that translates to A LOT OF FUN!”
We will have demos of the HD3 and we’re now taking pre-orders for the February/March 2015 release. If you want in on this, call your nearest SB bike shop for more details!
Read on for more of what our test riders had to say about the HD3. Read the rest of this entry »
Halloween is on Friday, and if you’re anything like us, you’ve been far too busy celebrating Orange October to remember the other reason for the season. Well, we care about you and want you to succeed, so we put together a few costume ideas using stuff that won’t just take up space in your closet after the 31st. You’re welcome.
Fairy Princess & Luchador
On either side of our daily uniform (middle) is a stunning fairy princess (why yes those ARE two kites forming her glittering wings!) and a luchador (yep, that’s a swim cap, and yep, we sell ‘em).